Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Home away from Home

The moment I walked in the Garcia Rodriguez apartment, I knew I was home. Not only was I familiar with the layout and ambiance, but I noticed that my face was everywhere! You know you're home if you see pictures of yourself everywhere, am I right? Well, I was not expecting to be this much at home. To the right of the entry way, there are The Robillard Family Christmas Cards from when Maria was with us in 2009. Maria is actually featured in the 2009 Christmas card on the top. It writes, "Seasons Best Greetings Love, Anne, Steve, Jackie, Rachel Robillard & Maria from Barcelona". I thought the Christmas cards were the cutest, until I put my bags in Maria's room. Next to her bed, there are pictures of when Jackie and I were in high school in 2010. My Mom must have sent those pictures in the Christmas cards? Who am I to say that's creepy because I have pictures of her next to my bed still, too :) In addition to the pictures, you would think I was still in the U.S. since there are patriotic sunglasses, flags and a Ricky's BBQ cup. Maria got her fare share of souvenirs when she was in Texas! It's safe to say I am Home away from Home.

I am glad I'm in Spain, I am glad I am in Barcelona, and I am glad that the Garcia Rodriguez family is hosting me yet again. I am looking forward to maintaining our ever-lasting relationship and adding new pictures to Maria's wall.

Con amor,
RachRobes






















No comments:

Post a Comment