Monday, May 20, 2013

Sparkle, Sparkle Sprite


My favorite part about plane rides is the complementary soda. Man, I have been craving a Sprite since I woke up this morning at 8am. Okay, fine. Since 8:15am since I pressed the snooze button a couple of times. Anyways, I really wanted a Sprite. When the flight attendant asked me what I would like to drink, I politely answered, "I would like a Sprite please." She nodes then looks for the beverage on her cart. To my surprise, she handed over a Sierra Mist. I stare blankly as I reached over the sleeping man beside me to retrieve the drink. I place the foreign beverage down on my tray table. I pop it open and fill the substance in my cup of ice. I take a sip and yuckity yuck yuck... that ain't no Sprite-flavored drink. The lady didn't even ask me if I wanted a Sierra Mist as a substitute. I would have said no and got some tomato juice or something. I hate tomatoes, but I love me some tomato juice.

But really? A Sierra Mist? Why does American Airlines  have Sierra Mist over Sprite? I wanted a sensational Sprite. I understand American Airlines has had some financial issues, but for heavens sake, keep the Sprite. Whatevs. I just wanted a Sprite. I guess I'll treat my self to a real Sprite once I land in Miami.    

De tristeza,
RachRobes


No comments:

Post a Comment